--- 1 ---
Ahhhhhhh, so glad it's Friday. This has been a long week. Tiebreaker has developed an affinity for jumping on my bladder in the middle of the night, sigh.
We had "Meet the Teacher" night last night and met Elanor's teacher and William's teacher, saw their classrooms, etc. William is SO excited to start school on Monday - he didn't want to leave! We liked both of their teachers, and Elanor's teacher was already familiar with her IEP - she offered to meet with us prior to the initial IEP meeting to discuss any concerns, and it was a good sign to us that she took the initiative to do so.
I had a prenatal appointment today and met with the new midwife! She was great. I hope she's on call when Tiebreaker is born. :) There's another midwife starting in mid-September and she may be on the call rotation by then as well.
Things look good baby-wise - I'm measuring on target and Tiebreaker's heartbeat was 138. I've also gained a few pounds, which is a change of pace - I'm almost back up to my pre-pregnancy weight.
I meet with the Ponseti-certified pediatric orthopedist next week to discuss Tiebreaker's treatment plan. Originally we were trying to figure out a way for Collin to be there as well, but, logistically, it's just easier and less expensive if he stays home with the kids while I go by myself. (The hospital is only 15 minutes from where I work.) I have a list of questions that I've been working on for the last two months.
After I meet with the orthopedist, I'm going to try and meet Leila for coffee (again; we've had to cancel twice so far). Maybe the third time will be the charm...
Violet managed to find a pair of scissors last week. She cut off a chunk of her little brother's hair (thankfully, it doesn't look too bad; he probably wouldn't stay still long enough for her to do any real damage) and then gave herself a mullet. Oh well, it's just hair and it'll grow out.
Collin and the older two kids are camping this weekend. I talked to Collin a little while ago and it was raining buckets, and he was trying to decide if they should try driving elsewhere instead of trying to set up camp in the rain. My vote was for them to find a hotel instead, but he promised the kids camping so he's going to try and deliver. Pray for them!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!