1. We had a joint birthday celebration/extended family dinner for William and Violet last Saturday at Golden Corral (their choice of venue; they both love the chocolate fountain), so last night we celebrated Violet's birthday with a dinner of hamburgers with cake for dessert. Violet requested "an Elsa cake" and the local Safeway was able to oblige:
As I mentioned yesterday, our birthday season is finally over. We're almost entirely in odd number territory now; the kids are 10, 7, 5, 3, and 1. Ellie is the "even" man out (instead of the odd man out, haha).
2. The rest of our month is crazy busy. Tomorrow, Kara, our friend Mary, and I are going to see (and hear!) Abby Johnson speak, and we'll probably do lunch afterwards. I've met Abby before and can't wait to see her again and hear what she has to say. I may try to get another autograph. :)
3. The kids have spring break March 16-20 (as does Collin - I love that he gets spring break off too, now that he works for a school district! Luckily, his spring break coincided with the kids'). I took the week off of work. We're going to California for a few days (we haven't been there for three years), and the day after we get back my mother and stepfather are flying down. My aunt Sheri (my mother's older sister) and her husband recently purchased a ranch near Maricopa, AZ and we're all going to spend a few days out there.
4. My grandma Violet flies in for her annual visit the weekend after that, on March 29. I was afraid her health wouldn't allow her to come this year, but she says she's feeling better and wants to come.
And then it's Holy Week! Whew!
5. My latest post for Catholic Stand is up: There Is No Pope in Islam.
6. Please pray for a special intention! St. Francis de Sales, pray for us. St. Joseph the worker, pray for us. St. Therese of Lisieux, pray for us.
7. Did you hear the wonderful news?? Kara and her family have committed to adopting baby Truman! Please consider donating to one of their current fundraisers -- they have a very short time to raise a large amount of money. One of her fundraisers is a raffle for an American Girl doll, so please check that out!!
Hope you have a great vacation!:)ReplyDelete