7 Quick Takes Friday - March 18, 2011
Thanks to Jen for hosting.
I've been busy the last few weeks!
1. I was going to put this up an individual post, but I forgot - here's my latest post at the Catholic Phoenix blog.
2. We're going to the Arizona Renaissance Festival on Sunday with some friends from our church. On the way, we're going to stop at the Mater Misericordiae Mission and attend the Extraordinary Form of the Mass. I haven't been to one in years so I'm looking forward to it!
3. I recently discovered that the local public transit system has an online system called "Share the Ride" where you can look for people with whom to carpool. I signed up and found someone who also lives in Surprise and works in Scottsdale. I got in touch with her via e-mail last week and phone this week; we're going out for coffee on Saturday morning to work out our schedules and see if we can carpool 2-3 days a week. Good news for our gas budget!
4. Tonight, we're going to an Arizona Right to Life event to hear Fr. Frank Pavone speak. I'm excited to hear his talk, especially if he has any updates on the status of Baby Joseph.
5. Last weekend we went to Wickenburg, AZ, with Collin's dad and our neice Candyce. We toured the Vulture Mine, browsed some shops, had wonderful ice cream, and went to see a wonderful touring production of The Music Man. It was a lovely day!
6. Keith (Collin's dad) and I also went to a spring training baseball game in Scottsdale yesterday, courtesy of my workplace (it's an annual spring event the company sponsors for us). It was the AZ Diamondbacks vs. the LA Angels. The D-backs lost, of course, but it was still a fun game, and we had terrific seats. I like baseball but I like being outside in the sunshine instead of stuck in my office even more. :)
7. We were going to have Guinness Corned Beef for supper last night, but Collin and I each assumed that the other was going to make it, and so it didn't get made. Oops. I guess we'll make it Saturday instead. I don't think St. Joseph will mind. :)
Have a good weekend!
Click here to order The Catholic Working Mom’s Guide to Life , released May 28, 2019 by Our Sunday Visitor Press. My blog, The Catholic ...
It's frustrating to "like" a pro-life Facebook page, only to later read a post that directly attacks my Church, my faith and m...
Emerging from my blogging hiatus to address a particularly tiresome article from the "holier-than-thou" Church brigade. This tim...
I think I've finally been able to pin down why I'm so bothered about the reaction to the Pope's infamous "rabbits" com...