Here's an update on what's been happening lately at La Casa Wahlund. I promise I'll try to do better!
1. Peter turned 1 on October 7.
He's gotten more mobile, army crawling around and getting into EVERYTHING.
2. We took a family vacation to Zion National Park in Utah. These pictures don't begin to do justice to how gorgeous it is.
We also stopped by the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
3. William and Violet started T-ball the week of October 20. They have practices every Wednesday and games most Saturdays.
4. Halloween was a blast! I was so pleased with how the kids' costumes turned out. In September I saw a toddler-sized Scooby-Doo costume at Goodwill for $8, and I thought how cool it would be if all the kids dressed up as Mystery Incorporated (they watch it on Netflix and are big fans). I scoured secondhand shops (both local and online), Wal-Mart, and their closets, and we managed to pull it together pretty well:
|Elanor as Daphne Blake, William as Fred Jones, Violet as Velma Dinkley, |
Peter as Norville "Shaggy" Rogers, and Gabriel as Scooby-Doo
6. I turned 34 on November 3. I had a wonderful day - I took a vacation day off of work and had a whole day to myself. I got a haircut, browsed used bookstores, and had a nice quiet supper all by myself. It was glorious. Thanks to a generous birthday check from my FIL, I bought new hiking boots and $60 worth of books at the used bookstores I went to (yes, I am an addict).
7. And some BIG news... Collin has a new job! He'll be working as a programmer for one of the local school districts (not ours, but one bordering ours). He starts on Monday. We're so happy and thankful to God for this new opportunity!
So, that's what's going on with us. Now we have Thanksgiving, Christmas, and five more birthdays to look forward to (Gabriel, Collin, Elanor, William, and Violet have their birthdays in November, December, January, February, and March, respectively).
Lots of great updates! 1st of all congratulations on Collin's new job! It sounds like you had a great birthday and I loved your comment about being a book addict. I can relate. :) Great Halloween costumes. Oh, and I can't fathom having t-ball START in October. Oh my, t-ball, well all summer sports for that matter are typically wrapped up by mid-August at the latest. The fall sports like football typically run through November, but even then you know you might be in for some cold weather and snow, so you come prepared to the games. Speaking of snow, the forecaster's are predicting 8-12 inches of snow starting tonight through Tuesday. Welcome winter of 2015, ready or not, here it comes. :)ReplyDelete
I read somewhere on Leila's blog (Little Catholic Bubble) that you were from the Phoenix area. We are planning a move there this next summer. I am so happy to find some Phoenix area bloggers...I didn't think there were any!ReplyDelete
Nice to "meet" you! Your family is beautiful, as are you!