7 Quick Takes Friday
Thanks to Jen for hosting.
Wow, it's been a while since I've done one of these! Life is so busy that it's difficult to find the time to sit at the computer and do a blog post, and trying to post via iPhone is sometimes more trouble than it's worth. But I'm going to try and do better!
1. I'm very pleased that my blog (specifically, my conversion story entry) has been added to The Convert Journal. There are a lot of great conversion stories there -- check it out!
2. Violet will be four months old (!!) on July 5. The time has just FLOWN by! She is such a wonderful baby -- she smiles all the time and has started giggling and cooing adorably. She sleeps pretty well, although lately she's gotten cranky at night. I think she may be teething as well as she's a non-stop drool machine and wants to chew on everything. She's also trying to sit up on her own. Where'd my tiny newborn go??
3. Elanor is also growing by leaps and bounds. She is such a big help to me, especially when it comes to entertaining her brother and sister. Violet already adores her and always has a happy smile for her big sister. I can't believe my firstborn is starting kindergarten this fall! She's very excited and asks nearly every day if it's time to start school yet. Her current favorite book is Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney, all about a llama who starts school.
4. William is such a joy. He's loving imaginative play and is quick to laugh and tease. One of his latest exploits is to upend a wire mesh hamper over his head and walk around shouting, "Monster! Monster!" His favorite movie is Toy Story (both 1 & 2), and he constantly carries around a Woody doll that we bought him at the Disney Store. Like Elanor, he is enamored with his little sister and always wants to give her kisses. Here's a picture of him and his sister:
5. Over Memorial Day weekend, we visited Tombstone, AZ and the Kartchner Caverns. Tombstone was fun, if a bit kitschy, but Elanor was scared of all the fake gunfire. The Caverns were incredible and are a must-see for anyone visiting that area. They made me want to learn all about cave management!
6. For the fourth of July weekend, we're taking a quick trip to Las Vegas! Originally we planned to go to San Diego, but when the city (and possibly the state) decided to call for a boycott of AZ due to SB 1070, we decided that we wouldn't spend our tourist dollars there if they were so opposed to AZ residents visiting their state. At any rate, Las Vegas actually has quite a few family-friendly attractions, so we decided to go there instead. We're going to stay at the Excalibur.
7. My dad is flying down on June 30, and he is coming to Las Vegas with us! He's never been there so it should be a fun trip for him. I can't wait to see him again!
Click here to order The Catholic Working Mom’s Guide to Life , released May 28, 2019 by Our Sunday Visitor Press. My blog, The Catholic ...
It's frustrating to "like" a pro-life Facebook page, only to later read a post that directly attacks my Church, my faith and m...
I think I've finally been able to pin down why I'm so bothered about the reaction to the Pope's infamous "rabbits" com...
It's not just the typical busy life of working full time plus five kids... it's not just the post-vacation scrambling to catch up......