7 Quick Takes Friday - Feb 11, 2011
Thanks to Jen for hosting.
1. Our Nissan is back and our new TV is up and running. We're also getting cable, mostly for the benefit of my grandma (she gets tired easily so she doesn't do much during the day other than watch TV or read -- we wanted to give her more options of stuff to watch). Now we just need to get a new microwave and we'll be set.
2. I'm embarking on a rather ambitious project next weekend -- I want to paint our master bedroom and our kitchen/living room. They are both peach right now and I HATE peach. I wanted to paint before we moved in, but since our closing was delayed I didn't get the chance. My SIL is coming to help; I don't know if we'll get both rooms done, but I'll be happy with one. I want to do both rooms in a neutral sandy beige with dark green accents. I've never painted a room before (other than helping my mom with it when I was a teenager, and that was a LONG time ago), so I'm going to be doing a lot of reading this week. Any tips?
3. Violet is now pulling herself up to a standing position by herself and standing for long periods of time. At this rate she's going to be walking in no time flat. Good thing we never took down our baby gates!
4. I had a good performance review at work yesterday. It's nice to feel appreciated.
5. We are making a little bit of progress with William's potty training. Last weekend he peed in the potty twice, and last night he actually asked to go sit on the potty (he didn't do anything, but the fact that he asked is a HUGE improvement -- before he was adamant about not wanting anything to do with the potty).
6. Speaking of William, I think I'm going to need to buy him some longer pants. He's shooting up like a weed! I can't believe my baby boy is almost 3.
7. My wonderful husband has already given me an extra Valentine's Day gift (the TV was our joint one). He gave me an Apple TV, so now we can watch Netflix and iTunes movies on our bedroom TV. I love it!!
Have a great weekend!
Click here to order The Catholic Working Mom’s Guide to Life , released May 28, 2019 by Our Sunday Visitor Press. My blog, The Catholic ...
I think I've finally been able to pin down why I'm so bothered about the reaction to the Pope's infamous "rabbits" com...
Forgive me, this is going to be a long one. Yet again, Pope Francis is being attacked for reiterating the teaching of the Catholic Church...
Let's celebrate! Sadly, I don't think I'd like this drink -- I'm not a fan of gin and I don't like olives. But I ...