7 Quick Takes Friday - April 1, 2011
Thanks to Jen for hosting.
These will indeed be quick takes as I'm in the middle of an extraordinarily busy day at work, but I need to take a quick break before diving back in.
1. As I mentioned earlier this week, I got a raise on Monday! As my responsibilities have increased significantly since I started 2 years ago, it was nice to get some increased compensation to match.
2. After work today, I get a rare treat -- a night to myself! I'm going to go to the movie theater right by my work and see Jane Eyre. The book is in my top ten list of favorite books of all time, so when this movie started getting favorable reviews, I knew I had to see it. The only theater in the Valley that's still showing it is the one down the street from my work, so Collin said he'd hold down the fort if I wanted to go see it tonight. And so I am! I can't even remember the last time I was at a movie by myself.
3. I'm doing a new project at work that will require me to start working (from home) at 4am once per week (yes, ouch). The upside is that I'll get off work at 1pm, so that'll give me a few hours every week to run errands or clean without kids around. My first day for the 4am work is this Tuesday.
4. Accordingly, I'm going to be praying outside the Glendale, AZ Planned Parenthood with 40 Days for Life from 2pm-3pm on April 5. Anyone want to join me?
5. I ordered 4 pro-life car magnets and a pro-life sign to hold at prayer vigils and marches from Heritage House. I can't wait 'til they arrive!
6. We've decided to take a quick trip to Kartchner Caverns and Tombstone when my dad visits for Easter. He's never been to either. I'm especially looking forward to showing him the Caverns; they're INCREDIBLE.
7. I should probably end with some sort of April Fool's joke, but my tired brain can't think of anything at the moment. Usually I joke that I'm pregnant, but what if it comes true?! :P
Have a great weekend!
Click here to order The Catholic Working Mom’s Guide to Life , released May 28, 2019 by Our Sunday Visitor Press. My blog, The Catholic ...
It's frustrating to "like" a pro-life Facebook page, only to later read a post that directly attacks my Church, my faith and m...
Emerging from my blogging hiatus to address a particularly tiresome article from the "holier-than-thou" Church brigade. This tim...
I hate to break my blog fast with bad news, but it's 2:30 in the morning and I ate too much Halloween candy before bed. That's not ...