7 Quick Takes Friday - April 8, 2011
Thanks to Jen for hosting.
1. As I mentioned earlier this week, I had a very moving experience praying in front of the abortion clinic on Tuesday. I plan to go again this Tuesday. When the fall 40 Days for Life vigil begins, I may try to go once a week.
2. My sign and pro-life magnetic ribbons arrived from Heritage House this week! Once my tags are up for renewal, I plan to get one of AZ's pro-life license plates as well.
3. We are now the proud owners of TRON: Legacy on DVD (Collin went all-out and bought the 4-disc special edition as well as the 2-disc Blu-ray edition of the original TRON). We plan to watch it tonight. I can't wait; I loved that movie! We plan to get Tangled and Voyage of the Dawn Treader, too.
4. Incidentally, Jane Eyre was great. It's probably the best movie adaptation I've seen. Of course, they had to truncate a lot and left out a few of my favorite scenes, but that's the price of a movie version. My favorite overall adaptation is still the BBC miniseries (available for Instant View on Netflix!) with Zelah Clarke and Timothy Dalton.
5. Elanor had "spring pictures" taken at school a few weeks ago. I know it's a big rip-off, but darn it, they ended up being SO ADORABLE. I wish I could get just one 8x10 but I think you have to go for an actual package. Grrr. I may spring for one but I won't be happy abut it.
Violet had her pictures taken last weekend, too. Another big rip-off because I'm sure we won't be able to afford any of the horrendously expensive packages. (We signed up with Our365 -- who did Violet's newborn photos in the hospital -- to get 3 photo sessions at our home... never again. Their CHEAPEST package deal for photos is something like $150. The convenience of having them come to our home is nice, but we can't afford any of the pictures, so what's the point? At least we get a free picture with each session so it's not a total loss.) I should've just went with Wal-Mart like I usually do.
6. I'm currently reading (well, listening the audiobook of) "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis. Here's a quote I found especially memorable: "There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.' All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. To those who knock it is opened."
7. Not too much planned for this weekend... I think we're going to try get some stuff done around the house. I NEED to conquer Mt. Laundry. If I can just get all of it done at once then maybe I can keep up with it afterwards. Or so I tell myself.
Click here to order The Catholic Working Mom’s Guide to Life , released May 28, 2019 by Our Sunday Visitor Press. My blog, The Catholic ...
It's frustrating to "like" a pro-life Facebook page, only to later read a post that directly attacks my Church, my faith and m...
Emerging from my blogging hiatus to address a particularly tiresome article from the "holier-than-thou" Church brigade. This tim...
I think I've finally been able to pin down why I'm so bothered about the reaction to the Pope's infamous "rabbits" com...